Konami has announced Pro Evolution Soccer 2018 with the pledge that the new game aims high and will unveil a wide-range of improvements to the award-winning series.
Having established the PES series as the most realistic and intuitive football title, Konami has set its stall early with an extensive range of new elements that build upon the previously laid foundations. PES 2018 will feature more new additions than any other previous PES title. No part of the game has been left untouched, and PES 2018 will feature gameplay improvements, online co-op, random selection match, and a complete presentation overhaul with lifelike player models, new menus and real player images.
Here are all the changes coming to PES 2018 –
- GAMEPLAY MASTERCLASS – The world renowned gameplay quality has been finely tuned and refined to recreate the authenticity of the beautiful game, including a more realistic game pace. Strategic dribbling gives the user significantly more control in possession, with the addition of contextual shielding to protect the ball, as well as simple stick controls triggering realistic, subtle movements, to wrong foot defenders. Real Touch+ adds a new dimension to ball control, with full body touch allowing various parts of the body to control the ball based on the unpredictability of the ball movement. Set pieces have been reworked with a new FK and PK system, alongside the option to choose the new one player kick off.
- PRESENTATION OVERHAUL – Brand new in-game redesign to the UI for all menus, as well as real player images added to the game plan screen and myClub, give the game a new broadcast feel.
- ONLINE CO-OP – A new mode dedicated to 2v2 and 3v3 co-op play, with support for local guests. Play together with friends, take your team to the top or simply have some fun via one-off casual matches.
- NEW MODES & FEATURES – The fan favorite Random Selection Match returns with new presentation and features. Experience life as manager in Master League with preseason tournaments, an improved transfer system and new presentation elements, including pre-match interviews and locker room scenes.
- ENHANCED VISUAL REALITY – Realistic visuals recreate the authenticity of football, all the way down to the finer details thanks to Real Capture. The benefits include true-to-life stadium lighting for day and night matches, pitch turfs and player tunnels that were recreated from more than 20,000 intricate elements of genuine data collected at the Camp Nou and Signal Iduna Park. Players have been motion captured in equally realistic environments, allowing for a complete rework of the animation system, starting with core movement such as walking, turning and body posture. Additionally, player models have been completely changed, with special attention paid to kit fitting and short size. Player’s photo scanned from partner teams will receive full body tattoos.
- SIGNIFICANT PC IMPROVEMENTS – PC Steam version undergoes substantial enhancements in graphics and content, meeting quality standards and ensuring parity across all current gen platforms.
PES 2018 will also embrace the world of eSports with the integration of the PES League in the game. With 16 of the world’s greatest PES players set to gather ahead of June’s UEFA Champions League final to compete for a $200,000 prize, PES 2018 will allow for easy entry to next year’s competition, and add related PES LEAGUE modes surrounding myClub, Online Co-Operative matches and the Random Selection matches.
“PES 2018 is a title that finds the series at the very top of its game. It is a game that builds on the foundations of the resurgent series and has taken on board requests from our growing fan base. It is also a game with an eye on the future. As eSports continue to develop as a worldwide force, PES 2018’s inclusion of a dedicated PES LEAGUE mode removes any barrier to entry to die-hard fans and newcomers alike. KONAMI is committed to breaking new ground with the PES series, and PES 2018 sees us enter the field more confident and determined to excel than ever.” – Masami Saso, President of Konami Digital Entertainment B.V.
PES 2018 will release on 14th September 2017 for PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360, Xbox One and PC. Pre-ordering the digital FC Barcelona Special Edition on PlayStation 4, Xbox One or PC will gain you access to additional content at launch including 1000 myClub coins and 5 myClub agents – guaranteeing a top UEFA Champions League player, as well as a top club and LEGEND player from FC Barcelona.